Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) is looking for its research center Center for Human Rights Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU CHREN) to further strengthen human rights-related research and teaching at FAU from March 1, 2024 or later up to three postdoctoral researchers (m/f/d) in a position of 100% (pay grade TV-L E 13) for an initial period of three years.
We are looking for highly motivated colleagues with the following qualifications
- Qualified doctorate in law or social sciences, in particular international law or political science
- Relevant Master’s or comparable degree with very good results
- Experience in university teaching
- Very good knowledge of English
Our new colleagues will be responsible for the following tasks
- Independent research in the field of human rights, including the acquisition of third-party funding, preferably related to at least one of the following topics Autocratization; migration and displacement; planetary crises, especially climate crisis; globalization and economy; digital transformation and peace and security
- Participation in the submission of joint and other third-party funding applications as well as in the research activities of FAU CHREN (events, outreach, etc.)
- Teaching obligation of 5 semester hours per week in the relevant teaching units (law, political science, etc.)
FAU CHREN will actively support and promote the further academic qualification of the postdoctoral researchers.
Please send your application by 31.12.2023 with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, list of publications, copies of certificates) and an exposé for one or more academic projects that you
would like to realize as part of your employment, exclusively electronically as a PDF document to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Krennerich (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Dr. Markus Krajewski (email@example.com)
Please find the job advertisement here.